The SME Association of Zimbabwe is seeking to recruit a Full Stack Developer for our Harare office to produce scalable software solutions. Incumbent will be responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
Applicants should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
- Work with the SMEAZ team to come up with software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications incorporating appealing visual design
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Designing and developing effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Write technical documentation
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Experience in working with APIs and e-payment systems
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
To apply for this position, please submit your application via this link: https://www.optimizehire.org/apply-job?i=Nzcx and select the Full Stack Developer (Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe) position from the Job Opening drop-down menu. Please have your CV ready to upload, and note that there is a ten minute pre-assessment that you will need to complete as you apply.
For more information about our organisation, please visit our web site at https://www.smeaz.org.zw/ . We are an equal opportunity employer.